The Brief 4/4/17: Design News You Might Have Missed
Here’s the latest:
- Get your Gender Cards! “Reserve your deck of playing cards and commemorate the inspirational women of American history during Women's History Month.”
- Packaging that increases sales by 50% is definitely doing something right.
- What you should know about packaged beer.
- Could you go plastic-free? Meet the woman who’s eliminated plastics from her home, and learn how she did it. “I think people just need to remember that plastic hasn’t been around that long. It’s been available to us for about 60 years and before that we functioned very well without it.”
- Behold: the drip-free wine bottle!
- Adobe has announced Source Han Serif, the second Pan-CJK typeface family from Adobe Type, and the serif complement to Source Han Sans. "The complete Source Han typeface series goes far beyond the reach of the average type superfamily and represents a huge collaborative undertaking between Adobe and Google, with participation from partner foundries Sandoll Communications in Korea, Iwata Corporation in Japan, and Changzhou SinoType in China."
- So can we get one of each of these amazing pieces of art from Ikea for their Art Event 2017?
- Hopefully you didn’t get fooled by these April 1st pranks.
- Yes pleases: 10 designers on Instagram to follow.
- Marc Hemeon polarized the design community when he wrote an article about how to make a logo for free in five minutes. Are pay-to-play marketplaces breaking new ground, or just breaking the rules?
- The surprising things that no one tells you about freelancing.
- Happy birthday, It’s Nice That! Here are highlights from the last decade.
- Some April design events you won’t want to miss.