The Brief 3/7/17: Design News You Might Have Missed
Here’s the latest in design news:
- Why Typography matters, and how it could have saved The Oscars from that teensy tiny flub last week.
- Meet the Brawny Woman.
- “Tampons were designed to fit inside a certain element of the female anatomy. But peruse the feminine hygiene aisle at any pharmacy or supermarket, and all you'll see are flowers and bright colors and abstract flowy lines—no vaginas in sight.” Preach. And thank goodness for Thinx and being unafraid of the female body. (NSFW)
- If you’ve ever rolled your eyes at Comic Sans, you may not realize that it is one of a few typefaces recommended by influential organizations like the British Dyslexia Association and the Dyslexia Association of Ireland. That’s right, hating on Comic Sans is ableist!
- So, uh, don’t try to eat your Nintendo Switch, mkay?
- Oh wow, these hipster packaging ideas are too. good. If you’re able to make Four Loko look swanky, you know you’re onto something.
- Our yearly Trend Report covered personalization. Here are the pros and cons of personalised packaging for FMCG brands.
- Time for Netflix beer and chill.