The Brief 2/7/17: Design News You Might Have Missed
As we try to wrap our heads around the unlawful immigration ban that Donald Trump, we’ve been trying to figure out what we can do here at The Dieline aside from the usual calling our reps and showing up for rallies. It’s not about who you voted for—it’s simply that there’s no place for the hate and fear that the US president is trying to fill citizens with. We believe in a diverse, welcoming United States, so we thought it might be great to cover design agencies and freelance designers in the seven targeted countries. If you know someone you can connect us with, then please reach out to email@example.com. We’d really like to chat.
Alright, here’s the latest:
- February is Black History Month. This awesome project spotlights black designers, one for each day in February.
- Time to up your business card game.
- If you missed the Superbowl, then don’t fret: here are the 5 best ads from this year. (Oh, and the Patriots won).
- "It's possible to make over 1,000 swimsuits from a large fishing net."
- Would you be able to follow the nude food policy?
- Keeping organic pot fresh, one ganja-preneur relies on recyclable tins.
- What you need to know about the circular economy and how it could save the planet.
- New FDA regulations announced last May requires packaging to be completed by July 2018. Here’s how to deal with the changes and use it as an opportunity.
- Fiber bottles from Carlsberg brewery.
- This is actually quite fascinating: little-known stories behind 8 iconic packaging designs.
- Just what the US needs: a Börder Wåll (from Ikea, of course!).
- By 2050 we’ll all be eating bugs—on purpose.
- Your fast food packaging may contain chemicals that have been linked to kidney and testicular cancer, elevated cholesterol, decreased fertility, thyroid problems and changes in hormone functioning, as well as adverse developmental effects and decreased immune response in children. DELICIOUS.
- I can’t believe it’s not I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!!
ps big news for you: today is the last day to enter The Dieline Awards. Like, really the last day. Get that project entered stat.