Inish Turk Beg's Maiden Voyage
Inish Turk Beg has added whiskey to their lineup with "Maiden Voyage" More info and photos after the jump!
"From 22 November, 2010, Inish Turk Beg will be adding a new category, with the launch of its Irish Whiskey
- an aged, Single Malt
- This super-premium innovation in the market is presented in hand-blown ‘Mooring Buoy bottles’ developed on the island (and with each having some island sand in the glass). They derive their shape from traditional glass mooring buoys and floats
- These bottles are a deliberate subversion of traditional whiskey presentations, and speak clearly of the brand’s intention to reposition whiskey as a contemporary and dynamic liquor choice – encapsulated in the whiskey’s tagline, ‘Live Life at a Tilt’ which resonates with the bottles asymmetric shape
- The whiskey is finished in Poitin casks that have lain on the island drinking up the island’s unique atmosphere and climate
- When being reduced from cask strength for bottling, rainwater collected on the island after thousands of miles of being scrubbed clean across the Atlantic, is used to produce 44% strength, full-bodied but easy-drinking whiskey
- All of these elements give the whiskey its distinctive and characterful profile.
The limited edition first bottling will consist of 2,888 one-litre bottles, called ‘Maiden Voyage’. Each has a unique invitation welcoming the purchaser to the World of Inish Turk Beg, and joining its 2,888 Club."